Saturday, September 4, 2010

Random

I haven't posted in a while and figure I should post something before I go on a little vacation.
What's new? Not a whole lot. This coming week I head into Asuncion for my COS conference (Close of Service!!!) where we go over alllllll the paperwork (this is the government, don't forget) we have to do prior to leaving country. We also go over topics like what we are going to do after PC, like grad school, work, resume help, reverse culture shock etc. After the conference a couple other volunteers and myself will head to Salta, Argentina to enjoy some natural wonders, big steaks, and fine wine. Be on the look out for pictures from my vacation in the next blog post.

I'm posting a couple random photos - some are of my garden, some of Maria's garden about two weeks ago. This hasn't been the best year for gardening but we both, especially Maria, are getting our gardens in gear
.

My garden



Maria's garden






Cilantro (or Coriander) in flower. The small bug is a tiny, tingless bee. There are a handful of different species in Paraguay and they produce very amazing honey, though in small quantities. This particular species is called Jate'i in Guarani and loves these flowers.

The other morning when I slipped my foot into my boot I found something hard in the way. Turns out a huge toad made my shoe it's new home. Check out the size of this guy! Thank god it wasn't anything poisonous. I guess I should probably start checking before I put my shoes on...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

any of those flowers from the seed i brought?