Thursday, May 27, 2010

When bugs attack part 2.

What is it with bugs in this country? I thought the worst was over with the bee stings now that honey season is over. I was wrong. Ants. Lots and lots of ants.
The other night I went out to my porch and noticed hundreds of grasshoppers, spiders, and other bugs all running around. I assumed that the warm night explained all the buggy activity. I went back inside and was reading for about an hour when I noticed that they were all trying to get into my house. This time when I went to check outside I was greeted by millions and millions of ants. They were EVERYWHERE. It was an ocean of ants that were killing and hauling away any living creature in it's wake. They killed spiders, grasshoppers, frogs, lizards...they even talked dogs, cows and myself! Once I went outside the ants quickly crawled up me and bit away. Luckily they didn't come inside.
The next day I talked to my neighbors and they said those ants are called "Tahyi ne" which means stinky ant. When they come out like that it is taken as a sign that rain is coming. Most people actually like them because the ants clean out houses of any bugs that might be living there.
Here is a little video I took. The quality is not great, but you get the idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAcBckEVWpk

No comments: