Friday, September 26, 2008

Mbaechapa!


Hola todos! or should I say Mbaechapa. I made it here safely and had a few seconds in a cyber cafe. Paraguay is amazing, it is spring time and the weather is fantastic. I live with a mother and father, two lil bros, one sister and one grandmother. All are pretty awesome. We have a huge mango tree in the front yard and cows, chickens, dogs etc. This place is great. We have been working hard the past couple days, mainly cultural adjustment classes y a bit of guarani, it is an amazingly beautiufl language and not THAT hard to learn but it has some odd guttural sounds. Honestly, I think that because I can sort of speak hebrew (at least pronounce the words) is helping me out a lot. Presidente Lugo was on my flight from sao paolo to asuncion...pretty baller eh?? A real president takes flights with his people!! I miss america, but am loving every bit of it here. Mate is pretty damn good and gives me the buzz i need yet not quite as crack-ish as the sweet sweet espresso. My fellow voluntarios are pretty damn cool if I may say so, one is from Brevard NC but the rest are from all over.

I wake up every day around 6ish...or 5ish since that is when the roosters crow. We have a light breakfast of pan y mate. I miss working out. Paraguayan women are pretty hot so far...no esposa yet. I must run, but I miss you all and love all. Take care!

chao! (thats how it is written down here)

David

3 comments:

Unknown said...

who knew you'd excel at making guttural sounds.

Unknown said...

Have you figured out how to say "come here often" yet?

casey said...

what would the translation be for "d in the b?"