Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Mbae la porte

Hola todos, que tal?¿? Things in paraguay are going well so far. Basically to sum up each day, I wake up at six, eat a pakova (banana in gaurani) drink mate, go to class for four hours and learn guarani, have a mega lunch, go back to school for either guarani or tech training. My brain wants to explode with all this info, it is insane...muy muy loco (tarová) I go to bed at around 9 or 10 because im so exhausted. My family feeds me too much food, I will come back muy gordo. I speak as much guarani with my family as posible and they laugh at my pronounciaton while I laugh at their english....fair trade. Food is good, weather is good, ate my first mystery mammal meat.....tasted fishy but still quite rico. I drink mate all the time and terere...terere is the cold version of mate its fantastico. No digestive problems yet....gracias dio. Guarani is an odd language....Y is pronounced like UGH but in the middle of your throat. any letter with an accent means it should be spoken nasally...so it gets complicated like yryryru...which means trashcan. or Eguapyké which means have a seat. I study all day and think Im getting pretty decent at the basics but still....muy muy hasy (dificil). Okay, it is getting dark and I need to catch the micro (autobus). Hope everyone is having fun in america... I hear the economy is fantastico!!!! chau todos.

David

2 comments:

Alexandra said...

David! We miss you here. Ben, Rob and I were at Average Joe's this afternoon talking to Walter about good ole suchdog07. The gym just isn't the same without you. I haven't even been to Driade since you left.... and that is saying A LOT. Big rain storm here right now. It's Ben's birthday tomorrow so probably going out for it this weekend. So jealous you are learning so much and seeing Paraguay! Find a hot girl for Rob and we'll all come visit you.

Lots of love,

daisy

Lbo said...

Sucho! Boggess here: glad to see you're already mixin in the spanish like a champ. hooray for the PC!