Saturday, December 6, 2008

Asuncion

So, Im a volunteer now. We were sworn in at the US embassy yesterday and it was quite nice. It is a large, beautiful embassy. Last night we went out and celebrated in Asuncion. First we went to this bar which is British style, and kind of odd, but still a lot of fun. Then we went to an outdoor bar on the streets with live music. Today I went around town, just checking out different markets and little artisan shops. Im going to be staying here until Tuesday, at which point I will head off to site. The hotel we are staying at is nice and we get a good Peace Corps discount, it even has internet! Sadly I cant upload pictures onto this computer so it will probably be a while before I can show anything from swearing in and what not. I wish I could make this post a bit more exciting...but Im a bit hungover and am at a loss of what to write about. Ill post again, probably once in site.

No comments: