Thursday, January 29, 2009

Time for a lil vacation

Alright! Tomorrow Im heading off to Asunción for a little R and R, well sorta. I have to visit the dentist and get a tooth looked at as well as run all around town picking things up for my community. I need to get a couple forms from the national news agency to receive free seeds for my two womens committees. Also, im buying some bee gear, hopefully a suit that wont let ANYTHING in. Im going to try and relax, the hotel we are staying in has a pool! You have no idea how wonderful that sounds to me. Also, I can eat decent food...this will be good.

Things in site are movin along, im not too happy with the house Im staying at currently but I will survive. Ive been working a lot more with farmers in the field, lots and lots of hoeing. Overall I am a pretty slow hoer (that doesn´t sound correct) but the other day something happened and I was able to keep up with the farmers. One of them looked at me in slight astonishmentat the fact that this gringo was keeping up with the rest and said ''David, ne koéporápa???'' (David, did you sleep really well??). I must admit....I was pretty darn proud of myself, it´s the small things in the campo that will make you feel good. Of course it was hotter than hell outside and I was completely drenched in sweat afterwards, but we hoed an entire hectare which is serious work.
One good thing from all this work is that I think I´ve finally gotten used to the heat, you just kind of except it and move on.

I finished 'This is your Brian on Music' by Daniel Levitin, which was quite interesting. The Peace Corps office has a library so once I get there im going to go to town and bring back tons and tons of books.

Oh, I almost forgot...on the walk over here I got cat called by a group of 10 adolescents, turns out girls in Paraguay know how to say some seriously vulgar things to guys at a young age. They made ME blush!

No comments: