Friday, May 8, 2009

A-town

Im in Asuncion. We are having our quarterly review...already a quarter done! It moves fast!
I found a natural foods store in Asuncion and through down some serious Guaranies! It was expensive but well worth it.
Life in site is good, though I really needed this break. Living in the campo can sometimes make you crazy!
My garden is rocking, lots of veggies, all the community members are curious about how I get so much to grow etc. The garden itself is a great tool for starting up conversations about organic practices, companion planting etc. And the results speak for themselves. My tomatos are growing much faster and healthier than theirs, my swiss chard is already harvestable. They want their gardens to be like mine, which is wonderful! So people are starting compost piles, growing their garlic next to their tomatos and carrots, using homemade pesticides. It's a good thing.

Im reading "The World is Flat", I just started it. So far it is very interesting. Im going to stock up on books here in the PC library. I kind of go overboard and get tons of books, there is just so much I want to read.
Life is good.

1 comment:

lttleLena said...

David! you sound so happy. I love it!